Monday, March 19, 2012

Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Usually, I post my recipes on Sunday, but this was an especially busy weekend. I made these brownies a week (two weeks?) ago. They turned out slightly drier than I would have liked, so if I made them again, I might add a fudge frosting to them.

Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1/3 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3.5 oz dark chocolate
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped

For the 3.5 oz of dark chocolate, I used a Cadbury royal dark candy bar and chopped it into chunks.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the 2 oz. of bittersweet chocolate with the milk. (About 90 seconds should do it. Try stirring halfway through.)

Add butter, vanilla, and eggs to melted chocolate. Then add the mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.

Pour into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350 for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment