Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chewy Butter Pecan Cookies

I found a recipe for Butterscotch Macadamia Nut Cookies in a catalog a friend gave me last weekend. Since I didn't have any macadamia nuts at home, I decided to try a version with pecan chips instead. The result reminds me a bit of butter pecan ice cream.

Chewy Butter Pecan Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup butterscotch chips (about 1/2 a 12 oz. package)
2 oz. pecan chips (about 2/3 cups finely chopped pecans)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add in flour.

Stir in oats, butterscotch chips, and pecan chips. Using a small cookie scooper, drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool.

Yields: about 4 dozen small cookies

2 comments:

  1. These were so yummy! :) I'm so glad I got to try them, AND read your story! The movie, on the other hand.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to try them, too. And I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    The movie we just won't talk about ever again. :)

    ReplyDelete