Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Rice Krispie Treats

Looking for a really fast, really easy Christmas treat? Here's an easy way to "holidayize" your rice krispie treats.

Holiday Rice Krispie Treats

I won't even bother putting the whole rice krispie treat recipe on here since you can find it on every box of Rice Krispies, not to mention most marshmallow packages.

Here's how to "dress them up." First, cut up some red and green maraschino cherries into quarters. I found the green ones at Target.

Then make the treats as usual. As soon as you've pressed them into a greased pan (I think I used a 9 x 13 pan), press one red cherry quarter and one green cherry quarter together into the treat before it cools. Do this every two inches or so, depending on how big you want your treats to be.

Once the treats have cooled completely, cut them up so that the cherries are at the center of each piece. Immediately store them in an airtight container if you don't want them to dry out. I've also found that using a little more butter and marshmallow than the recipe actually requires also helps keep them moist.

If you want to dress up your presentation of the treats, use muffin cup liners like I did in the photo above. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I've been dressing up my rice krispie treats with dried cranberries and white chocolate bits. Anything to add a little color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dried cranberries and white chocolate--what a great idea! I've got to try that next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! My boys would love this twist on the traditional krispie treats! I'm definitely going to have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete