Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

My parents gave me some leftover blueberries before leaving on a trip, and I was desperate to use them up since I already had some blueberries of my own at home. A Google search brought me to this recipe from allrecipes.com.

If you like oatmeal raisin cookies, you'll really enjoy these. They're soft and chewy. I usually allow myself only two cookies at a time, but I found myself downing these in groups of three or four. Oops! Must start giving them away.


Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

In a mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In another bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.

Remove mixer bowl and gently stir in the blueberries.

Drop by teaspoonfuls (or small cookie scooper) onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool on wire racks.

Yields 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these are real good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, Sharon! I have to admit I expected them to be good, but they totally surpassed my expectations.

    ReplyDelete