Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summertime No-Bake Dessert: Grown-up Sundae

This creation was inspired by a recipe I saw in Rachel Ray's Every Day magazine. The original recipe was called Affogato with Orange. Since I didn't have everything required, I decided to do my own version of a grown-up sundae. This one's for adults only!
Grown-up Sundae

Ingredients:
Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
vanilla bean ice cream
orange zest
nutmeg
hot chocolate
chocolate shavings (I used some milk chocolate candy I had on hand and shaved it with a knife, but you could also use bittersweet chocolate)

Pour one tablespoon Kahlua into the bottom of a dessert dish. Add two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. Sprinkle with orange zest and nutmeg (use as much or as little as you like). Pour two tablespoons of hot chocolate (yes, hot) over the ice cream. Decorate with chocolate shavings.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment